PADI IDC Staff Instructor
Join the Elite
PADI IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR
Staffing IDC's in Roatan
Join the elite levels and take your career to the next step. As an IDC Staff instructor you are eligible to teach Assistant Instructor courses and join the IDC process under the supervision of a PADI Course Director.
The Staff instructor certification will not only allow you to work full time on IDC courses, but will undoubtedly enhance your skills as a recreational instructor.
At Reef Gliders we prioritise your training experience and not just your attendance at the IDC. You’ll assist our Course Director on a full IDC where you’ll learn the process of developing instructor candidates with effective teaching techniques. You’ll also develop your abilities of evaluating candidates during their water skills presentations.
- Advance your career to Instructor level training.
- Develop your teaching ability.
- Learn to evaluate IDC candidates.
- $750 + Materials
.Your Staff Instructor course begins 2 days before the IDC where you will take part in your pre-assessment, course presentations and evaluation training. This preparation ensures you have a real understanding of the IDC course structure and the role of a Staff Instructor, to best prepare you for being a mentor to IDC candidates.
Every day during your course you’ll benefit from personal briefings and debriefings from our Course Director to enhance your learning experience and learn as much as possible from the course.
Afterwards you will have the credentials and confidence to work full time on IDCs as an assistant to a Course Director. Our IDCS graduates also find they’ve advanced their ability of diver development, both recreational and professional, and have a much deeper understanding of the PADI system of education.
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer
After the course
IDC Staff Instructors are authorized to:
- Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors.
- Conduct IDC training segments..
- Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
- Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist with training during instructor-level continuing education programs.